- This event has passed.
Bend 101 – July 7
July 7, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm$15
Are you new to Bend? Looking to learn more about Bend and become engaged in the community?
Whether you moved here recently, or several years ago, Bend 101 is dedicated to connecting you with the information and resources to engage and thrive in the place where you live. You’ll meet both new and longtime residents and make meaningful relationships.
Join us for our next session of Bend 101 at the Tetherow Pavilion on Thursday, July 7, at 5:30 pm for an exciting evening of community engagement and education.
Our night will be spent getting to know the roots of our beloved city, how it has grown to what we see today, and how we can all contribute to a thriving society in the future. There will be time to socialize and indulge in bites, beverages, and incredible views on the patio overlooking the Tetherow Golf Course and Cascade Mountains.
Our seasonal summer program will emphasize how water usage and allocation impact our community, as well as how fire and smoke challenges can be more effectively addressed. GUEST SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
• Damon Runberg, Regional Economist, Oregon Employment Dept.
• Kelly Cannon-Miller, Executive Director, Deschutes Historical Museum
• Mike Hollern and Neil Bryant, long-time successful Bendites
• Eric King, Bend City Manager
• Todd Riley, Bend Fire Chief
• Marisa Hossick, Communications Director, Deschutes River Conservancy
• Michelle O’Hara, Executive Director, Opportunity Knocks
We will also hear an interview between a relatively new Bendite, Dini Vemuri, and an established local professional, Ron Ford. Our attendees, both new and existing, will be exposed to the history of how the amazing town of Bend has become of the treasures of the Pacific Northwest and how to get involved in the community through philanthropy and civic engagement.