Workshop – Beginning DNA for Genealogy
If you are just beginning your DNA research or haven’t taken a test yet, this is the workshop for you. Williamson Hall has WiFi, so bring a device or laptop, if desired. We’ll do our best to provide individualized help as needed, and answer all questions.
Some of the topics to be addressed during the workshop:
• Why take a DNA test?
• Types of DNA tests;
• Primary commercial testing sites, and advantages and disadvantages of each;
• Alerts, warnings and suggestions for DNA researchers; and
• Other DNA testing information to help the beginner.
The Bend Genealogical Society (BGS) is for anyone interested in their family history, beginners and experienced researchers alike. We want to help you.
Follow us on Meet-Up – Search for Genealogy Meetup Bend Oregon.
Web site: http://www.orgenweb.org/deschutes/bend-gs/
Email: BGS@BendBroadband com
Phone: (541) 317-9553
2200 NE Highway 20 Behind JAKE S DINER
Bend, OR 97701
More Event Ideas
- More Networking and Meetups Events
- Saturday, Sep 12, 9:00 AM
- Thursday, Jul 16, 11:00 AM
- Friday, Jul 31, 1:00 PM