QPR Suicide Prevention Free Community Training
September is National Suicide Prevention Month, bringing awareness and education to people about what is called “a foremost, preventable public-health tragedy (SAMHSA).” Suicide is one of the leading causes of preventable death in Oregon. It is the second leading cause of death amongst ages 10-24. In Deschutes County, approximately 29 people die by suicide each year with 14 suicides to date in 2019. It is the tenth leading cause of death in the United States with one suicide occurring on average, every 13.3 minutes. Early recognition of warning signs and early intervention can save lives.
Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) is a one-hour training that can teach people how to recognize early warning signs. The training teaches three steps that anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide. Just as people are trained in CPR to help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize early warning signs, how to ask questions, persuade, and refer someone to help.
The training will be led by a Certified QPR Trainer who will empower participants to help break the stigma and facilitate a conversation to save a life.
Wednesday, September 11th 1:00-2:00PM in the Downtown Bend Library Brooks Room
Registration required at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/qpr-suicide-prevention-community-training-tickets-70065849843?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing
Phone: (714) 478-3288
Event url: www.facebook.com/events/497152504179772/
601 Northwest Wall Street
More Event Ideas
- More Other Events
- Wednesday, Oct 2, 12:00 PM
- Saturday, Sep 28, 10:00 AM
- Friday, Oct 4, 6:00 PM
- More Events at Deschutes Public Library- Downtown Bend Brooks Room
- Understanding and Countering Bias in Professional and Personal Environments at Deschutes Public Library- Downtown Bend Brooks RoomSaturday, Oct 12, 9:30 AM
- Writers Reading: Kim Fu Reads from "The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore" at Deschutes Public Library- Downtown Bend Brooks RoomSaturday, Oct 5, 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, Sep 25, 7:00 PM