ONLINE ONLY: Know Fermentation - The Biochemistry of a Dark and Stormy
Learn the science behind fermented foods through the Dark and Stormy cocktail.
A link to view this program online will be available beginning Tuesday, November 24th at 2:00 p.m.
While the process of fermentation significantly predates the emergence of our species, humans have been harnessing this microbial technology for food production and preservation for thousands of years. In many cases, specific fermented foods can act as a marker of cultural identity, and perhaps draw us back to the flavors and smells of grandma's kitchen. What is the science behind fermented food? In this talk, we will explore in the biochemical process of fermentation through the famous Dark and Stormy cocktail, recipe included!
Jeanne Garbarino, PhD is a scientist and educator at The Rockefeller University, where she serves as director of RockEDU Science Outreach. In this role, Jeanne works with an awesome team to connect K-12 communities with biomedical science. She deeply believes is the mantra "science should be for everyone," and works to uphold this in all RockEDU programming. Find Jeanne on Twitter under the handle @JeanneGarb.
Phone: (541) 312-1029
Event url: www.deschuteslibrary.org/calendar/event/60814
507 NW Wall Street
Bend, OR 97703
More Event Ideas
- More Education Events
- VIRTUAL EVENT AT 7 PM EST: Holly Black / HOW THE KING OF ELFHAME LEARNED TO HATE STORIES in-conversation with Leigh at Barnes & Noble Booksellers BendFriday, Dec 4, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Dec 5, 10:00 AM
- VIRTUAL EVENT AT 7 PM EST - Ernest Cline discusses READY PLAYER TWO at Barnes & Noble Booksellers BendWednesday, Dec 16, 7:00 PM
- More Events at Deschutes County - Virtual
- Saturday, Dec 5, 6:00 PM
- Online Only: Know Feliz - Billy Mickelson, "Third Seven," Cello Performance at Deschutes County - VirtualThursday, Dec 10, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, Dec 16, 6:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.