November is National Diabetes Month. “Navigating Diabetes Distress” Workshop
National Diabetes Month is a time when communities across the country team up to bring attention to diabetes. Synergy Health & Wellness is dedicated to educating those affected by the disease locally with a free community workshop on November 9, 2019 from 10 am to 11:30 am at the Deschutes Public Library. Titled, “Navigating Diabetes Distress,” is designed for those who have been diagnosed with diabetes or affected by a family member or loved one that battles the disease. The workshop will cover:
• Emotional distress around diabetes (“diabetes distress”)
• Address struggles with how to fit diabetes into your life
• Examine behavioral strategies that can help people stay on track with their treatment or get back on track, and even thrive with diabetes
• Discuss real life tips and tools for recognizing and moving through the emotional aspects of diabetes.
Community expert, Rita Shearer, RN, CDE from Synergy, will host the forum. Shearer has over 25 years of experience as a Certified Diabetes Educator and Insulin Pump trainer in both the outpatient and inpatient hospital setting. She is a well-known and long-standing supporter of the Type 1 Community in Central Oregon and also serves people with Type 2 and Gestational diabetes.
To register, please RSVP at https://synergybend.as.me/diabetesmonth
Space is limited, register early.
601 Northwest Wall Street
More Event Ideas
- More Community Events
- Tuesday, Nov 19, 6:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov 23, 12:00 PM
- The 20th Annual Holiday Food & Gift Festival at Deschutes Fair & Expo Center - Middle & South Sister HallsSaturday, Nov 9, 6:00 PM
- More Events at Deschutes Public Library- Downtown Bend Brooks Room
- Sunday, Dec 8, 1:00 PM
- Know News: The Ethics of Journalism in the Digital Age at Deschutes Public Library- Downtown Bend Brooks RoomThursday, Nov 21, 7:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.