Mental Health First Aid for Veterans and their Families
Why Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid for Veterans, Military Members and their Families teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to appropriate care.
WHAT IT COVERS
• A discussion of military culture and its relevance to the topic of mental health.
• A discussion of the specific risk factors faced by many service members and their families such as mental and physical trauma, stress, separation, etc.
• How to break down the stigma associated with substance use disorders and mental illnesses like anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and more.
• How to reach out to those who suffer in silence, reluctant to seek help.
• Community resource information and support
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT
• Military members
• Families and friends of military members or veterans
For More Information Contact BestCare Prevention at 541-475-4884 or Prevention@bestcaretreatment.org
Phone: (541) 475-4884
Event url: www.eventbrite.com/e/mental-health-first-aid-for-veterans-and-their-families-tickets-65120972582?ref=enivtefor001&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=inviteformalv2&utm_term=attend
860 SW Madison St.
Madras, OR 97741