Know Horror - Stories to Rattle Your Bones
Feeling brave? Come listen to ancient tales guaranteed to chill the blood and tingle the spine.
Humans seem to enjoy a good scare. Throughout time, there have been stories of nightmarish horrors, intended to chill the blood and tingle the spine. If you're brave enough, come listen to ancient tales from the British Isles and other frightening places of the imagination.
Heather McNeil is an award-winning storyteller and author of folklore. She represented the United States at an international storytelling festival in New Zealand, and the Rocky Mountain area at the National Storytelling Festival. She has performed at festivals and libraries throughout the United States, including the Forest Storytelling Festival in Port Angeles, WA, where she was a featured teller this October. She has traveled in Scotland and Kenya to collect stories, resulting in her books, "The Celtic Breeze: Stories of the Otherworld from Scotland, Ireland and Wales," and "Hyena and the Moon: Stories to Tell from Kenya." Heather lives in Bend, and is recently retired from the Deschutes Public Library.
Phone: (541) 312-1032
Event url: www.deschuteslibrary.org/calendar/event/56218
601 N.W. Wall St.
Bend, OR 97701
More Event Ideas
- More Education Events
- Volunteer Info Night: Deschutes National Forest at Deschutes National Forest, Bend-Fort Rock Ranger DistrictThursday, Oct 17, 6:00 PM
- Saturday, Oct 26, 10:00 AM
- OSU-Cascades Science Pub - A New Way to Help Water Stressed Communities at Father Luke’s Room at McMenamins Old St. FrancisTuesday, Oct 15, 5:30 PM
- More Events at Downtown Bend Library
- Tuesday, Oct 22, 6:30 PM
- Writers Writing: Writing for Youth - Voice, Pace, and Respecting Your Audience at Downtown Bend LibrarySaturday, Nov 2, 1:00 PM
- Monday, Oct 14, 6:00 PM
- More Events on October 30, 2019
- Wednesday, Oct 30, 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, Oct 30, 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, Oct 30, 12:00 PM