Know Government: Should We Reform the Electoral College?
What is the electoral college, and does it need reform?
In two of the last five presidential elections, the candidate with the most votes lost the election (Al Gore in 2000 and Hilary Clinton in 2016). This is because the electoral college - and not the national popular vote - determines which candidate is elected president.
Will we see a repeat in 2020? This interactive workshop will explore what the electoral college is, what it is intended to accomplish, and what the movement to reform it hopes to achieve.
Ariel Méndez is an instructor of political science at OSU-Cascades. His PhD in political science is from Stanford University. You might catch him or his wife riding around town with their three kids on a big orange box bike. He was elected to the board of the Bend Parks and Recreation District in May 2019.
Phone: (541) 312-1063
Event url: www.deschuteslibrary.org/calendar/event/55156
62080 Dean Swift Road #170
Bend, OR 97702
More Event Ideas
- More Other Events
- Wednesday, Nov 20, 6:30 PM
- Saturday, Nov 23, 11:00 AM
- Storytime and Acivities Featuring Dear Santa and Cookies for Santa at Barnes & Noble Booksellers BendSaturday, Nov 30, 11:00 AM
- More Events at East Bend Deschutes Library Meeting Room
- Wednesday, Nov 27, 12:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov 23, 12:00 PM