Foraging in the Fall - A Look at Central Oregon Mushrooms
Join us to hear about how and where to find edible mushrooms in Central Oregon. Linda Gilpin, a local amateur mycologist with over 30 years of experience studying fungi, will talk about the variety of mushrooms fruiting in the fall in Central Oregon.
Linda Gilpin is a local amateur mycologist who has been studying fungi since 1980. She has taught mushroom identification for COCC community education for over 25 and is one of the main founders of Central Oregon Mushroom Club (COMC.) She has taken hundreds of people into the woods to share her fascination with fungi, teaching others how to hunt for edibles and avoid toxic species. By attending workshops and mushroom shows throughout Oregon and neighboring states, she stays current on fungi research and the ever-evolving science of mycology.
Phone: (541) 312-1063
Event url: www.deschuteslibrary.org/calendar/event/55348
62080 Dean Swift Road #170
Bend, OR 97702
More Event Ideas
- More Nature Events
- Saturday, Oct 26, 10:00 AM
- Thursday, Oct 24, 5:00 PM
- MedVerde's 1st Annual Women's Health Conference for Naturopathic Doctors at Deschutes Children's Foundation EBCSaturday, Mar 7, 8:30 AM
- More Events at East Bend Deschutes Library Meeting Room
- Saturday, Nov 23, 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, Nov 27, 12:00 PM